Belly pork as a starter, just ask you butcher to cut the tips nice and thin, you’ll get crunchy, sticky sweet pork to fire up your taste buds.
- Cider 150 ml
- Honey 5 tbsp
- Mustard Powder 1 tsp
- Dark Brown Sugar 2 tsp
- Belly Pork cut into thin strips.
- Mix the cider and honey together in a bowl.
- Add the mustard and the sugar and stir until all ingredients are combined fully.
- Add the pork and make sure that all of the strips are covered with the marinade.
- Cover and leave in the fridge until ready to braai.
- Cook the pork over the hot part of the braai, turning frequently so that the meat doesn’t burn.
- Serve when the skin is crispy, the glaze is sticky and the pork is cooked through.
A great way to get the braai started.